♫ Tis the season to be married, fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la ♫ It’s the last week of June, the busiest wedding month of the year.
Last Saturday the LDS Salt Lake Temple had 80 weddings! The SL temple is closing until August 11th for maintenance, and we’ve been told that the week it reopens there are 300 weddings scheduled! In honor of the nuptial season we want to know; what is best, worst or funniest marriage advice you’ve ever heard? Single saints we want you to chime in too, some of the best advice sometimes comes from those who haven’t tied the knot or those who have tied it and untied it, or tied it, untied it and tied it again.
We’ll start it off, first our good:
- A happy wife is a happy life. (Of course happy husbands matter too.)
- “Choose your love, love your choice.” ~ Thomas S. Monson
- Never begin a sentence with “You always…” or “You never…”
- Every day tell your spouse something you love about them.
- Never keep score.
- Don’t wait to long to have kids your eggs will get dusty. (True story!)
- Don’t go to bed angry…just stay up and fight.
- Happy is the man/woman that always hears yes.
- Don’t ever let your husband see you without your makeup on.
- Take a look in the mirror and remember this is the woman that he married…don’t put on a whole bunch of weight and expect him to still love you. (Another true story!)
- Be careful when your husband asks you to shower, it might just be a ploy to get you dirty again.
- If you’re going to argue, argue naked.
- Always sleep with a breath mint under your pillow.
- The “thought” doesn’t count.
- Marriage is marathon not a sprint. (This is just funny to Sista Beehive cause Sista Laurel hates distance running.)
We close with a few words from The Princess Bride:
What is the best, worst, most annoying, funniest or craziest wedding advice you ever been given or have given?
God is a Good God,
Sista Beehive & Sista Laurel