If you’ve got some last minute Valentines cards to do, but don’t have a lot of time and are not interested in spending a lot of money, the Sistas got ya back. We needed some quick easy Valentines card ideas so we did what every God-fearing Christian woman does…we browsed Pinterest.
Mostly our Pinterest attempts look like this:
But not this time! Y’all believe us when we say this is as easy a pie (why do people say that anyway, pie is not that easy.) The longest part of this project is waiting for the 1-hour photos to be ready and getting your subject to smile (instead of playing in the water).
1. Snap a quick pic of the person extending their hand.
2. Embellish the pic using any software you choose. (We used Photoshop, but something as simple as a phone app will do.)
3. Send pic to 1-hour photo printer of your choice. (Costco, Walmart, Walgreens, etc…) We printed 4x6s.
4. While waiting for prints pick up lollipops, do a little shopping or run some errands.
5. Cut slits in the photos near the top and bottom of the extended hand with an exacto knife.
6. Slip lollipop stick through the slits.
Seriously y’all we were able to figure this one out by just looking at the photos on Pinterest! To make 30 cards it cost us $5 in prints and $3 in suckers. The project took under 2 hours including drive time and the kiddo loved it! This was a self esteem boost that left us feeling all crafty and Mormonish! Eat your heart out Martha Stewart!
God is Love,
Sista Beehive & Sista Laurel